[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

Peter Osterberg peter at supergirl.se
Tue Oct 18 08:19:24 EDT 2005

It truely sounds like bad signal reception. On old police scanners there's
a "squelsh" setting to tell the radio at what signal/noise level to cut
audio to the speaker.
I remeber one setting in Myth that has to do with something that could be
compareable to this illustrative example. My guessing is that Kaffaiene by
default uses a better, for you case, "squelsh" setting.

This is just plain guessing but I can clearly see the similarity between
what you describe and my police radio example...