[mythtv-users] Building channels.conf for Exeter/Beacon Hill, UK

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:22:38 EDT 2005

>  In mythtv-setup my channel scan is 'grayed out'.  Do I need to enter the
> channels from above someware?

I think that means that your dvb card is not available.  What happened
when you set up the card?  Did it let you select dvb0?  Make sure
mythbackend is not running when you run mythtvsetup as it can 'grab'
the card.

> > > scan > channels.conf
> > >
> > > You then used channels.conf with tzap.  How do you use tzap without a
> > > channels.conf?
> >
> > I think tzap creates a file called channels.conf, but it's not
> > necessarily the same file that mythtv refers to.  It does contain the
> > data that the mythtv channel scan uses though.
> >
> > Look in here:
> >
> > http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html
> >
> > (search for tzap)
>

>  Yes, looked at that.  Think is I dont have tzap as I did not build from
> source.

I'm sure if you Google your transmitter name with dvb and frequency
you'll be able to find it out.

>Thisg is I am not totaly sure wether Ubuntu distro have MythTV
> compiled with dvb-t support;(

Hmm that would be a shame.  What version of the kernel do you have?

uname -r

Otherwise you probably need to seek help from people who use Ubuntu.
I've only ever set up on Fedora.

>From your modules and dmesg output though it looked to me that you
card was being detected.  Just something strange about the devices.