[mythtv-users] High Memory Learning Remote

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 18 17:35:52 EDT 2005

Hi all, I've been reading through the archives looking for a suitable
remote control to replace the one I'm using now.  The main reason is
that the current remote has such a small memory foot print.  I'm using a
learning remote control with a wireless keyboard pickup.  This works
great except that it can only learn about 8  keys before running out of
memory.  So what kind of remote controls are you guys using that learns
enough to have full numeric and directional control.  I've thought about
going the lirc route, but I use a lot of myths functionality, games,
video, dvd, etc.  Getting lirc to work seemlessly with all those options
(seperate programs) doesn't quite work.  I'd like to stay with keyboard
inputs.  To that end, I've even considered writing a keyboard driver
that can listen on the serial port for data to transmit directly to the
lower levels of the console, hadn't looked in to it too deep, but sounds
feasible.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Calvin...