[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag - which backend

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Oct 18 20:48:01 EDT 2005

> I have an underpowered diskless combined front/back end and a master
> backend/mysql/fileserver with bags of left over cpu. How can I force
> mythcommflag to always run on the master backend with the excess cpu?

Go into mythtv-setup on each of the other backends and turn OFF the
setting that says "Allow Commercial Detection jobs".  Commercial flagging
jobs can only run on backends that have this setting turned ON.

> I see that I can select to have a recording flagged by another backend but
> I can't see anything that can make a single machine into a "mythcommflag
> server" for all slave backends. Is it possible?

Possible and designed to allow it. :)  You can do the same with the
transcoding and User Jobs.

--
Chris