[mythtv-users] Capturing legacy VHS tapes

Manuel Lemos mlemos at acm.org
Tue Oct 18 21:16:49 EDT 2005

Hello,

At last I managed to make Plextor ConvertX M402U to work under SuSE
Linux 9.3 and MythTV to see the input video.

I bought this capture device, not to record scheduled shows, but rather
to convert legacy VHS tape recordings to DVD. So what I am looking for
is a means to start a recording whenever I am ready to play the VHS
player plugged into the Plextor video input.

I tried the MythTV function to watch live TV used the R key to start
recording but when I exit this function the recording does not show
anywhere.

Is this the way to do it? What I am not doing right?

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos