[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause on in-progress HD recordings

Chris Bellew atomjack at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:04:50 EDT 2005

I've been running into prebuffering pauses while trying to watch HDTV
recordings that are in the process of recording. My back end and front
end are on different machines, and viewing pre-recorded HDTV programs
works just fine - there's practically no pauses or anything. It's only
when I'm trying to watch an HDTV program that's in the process of
being recorded that it pauses every second or two, for about half a
second, rendering the program unwatchable until it is finished
recording. Once it's finished recording, I can watch it with no
pauses. The frontend log gives "prebuffering pause" and "Prebuffer
wait timed out 10 times." messages when I try to watch these
in-process programs. I'm using the latest version of myth from
subversion, and update every week or so, and have only noticed this
problem within the last couple of weeks. My HDTV card is a pchdtv
HD-3000 card. I also have a pvr-350 and am able to watch in-process
recordings just fine with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris