[mythtv-users] Can't nuvexport after transcoding?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 19 07:06:28 EDT 2005

Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>     Is this normal?  A show that I have transcoded to Mpeg4 causes
>     nuvexport
>     to fail (ffmpeg just seems to die).
>

> I am doing nuvexport from transcoded-mpeg4 to divx and to nuv+sql
> without problems. I do not know if either of these two exports use ffmpeg.
>
> Niels Dybdahl

Ah I think that type of export just copies the .nuv file - so no
conversion is necessary.  Could be wrong though.

Anyway, I have decided to stop using transcode. Too many problems in the
mp4 that results... things like audio delays, and very nasty stuttering
when playing it back (could be the file itself or playback - I don't
know) if the file is very long (2 to 3 hour movies for example).