[mythtv-users] mythtv supoprt for lcdproc/other lcds

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Oct 19 08:58:45 EDT 2005

Around about 19/10/05 13:52, Carl Fongheiser typed ...
> lcdproc hasn't really needed any changes since early 2004. It still
> works with all of the HD44780 LCD displays, all of the Matrix Orbital
> displays, etc.   Matrix Orbital sells USB versions of their LCD and VFD
> displays, and they work well with lcdproc.

   Fair enough.  I was only worried because the site talks about the
'imminent' next release with some tidied up code for some dislpay or another,
and then ... nothing.

> Anyway, yes, the LCD support in MythTV is limited to lcdproc.

   OK, thanks.  Do I need any extra plugins or patches to Myth?  I've not seen
any reference to LCD controls (or really any LCD refs. at all) in the prefs.
or docs.  Is there any way to know or configure in advance what sort of info.
I'll be getting?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature