[mythtv-users] xine 'cant seek to block' when playing ISO files

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena skandalfo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:17:18 EDT 2005

Hi...

2005/10/20, Mark Rissberger <mrissbe1 at rochester.rr.com>:
> Mark Rissberger wrote:
> > BUT, if I go to scene selection, and select a scene much later in the
> > movie,  I get the 'can't seek to block' error in xine and it crashes.
> Forgot to mention that the ISO files are on my Windows Machine.  Shared
> over the network. Not sure if this matters.

Probably that's the catch.

IIRC, smbfs doesn't handle files larger than 2 GB... size that your
DVD ISO images will surely go over. If you're sharing the files over
samba, you could try to use cifs instead; this could fix the issue at
hand, although you could find new problems because cifs is newer and
not so well supported.

Regards,

   Juan Jesús.

--
How can dreams come true? Is their type boolean?