[mythtv-users] anyone use wizd w/ mythtv?

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:34:58 EDT 2005

Well, if they truly are all that same error message ("pointer targets
... differ in signedness"), you can safely ignore them.  strcpy is the
string copy function.  In C/C++, strings are groups of characters, and
characters are actually a numeric type and can thus be signed or
unsigned.  When we are treating them like 'a' 'b' 'c' instead of
(ASCII) 97, 98, 99, it sign really doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, the default signed or unsigned for characters (if the
programmer doesn't specify) varies between compilers (especially older
ones).  Most likely, the programmer is passing signed/unsigned
(possibly by default) strings to the function, but g++ thinks it
should be unsigned/signed.

So you are likely ok.

By the way, I've never used wizd.