[mythtv-users] Multiple frontend on one machine

David myth at dgreaves.com
Thu Oct 20 12:50:25 EDT 2005

Alberto Alonso wrote:

>I doubt many people use this, but I have an
>interest on running multiple front end instances
>on a single machine.
>
>Is there an easy way to do this?

yes.
Run two X sessions as two users.

However you'll find that linux has problems running two X-displays at
once so you can end up with only one active at once.
I used to have a frontend box with one display (PVR350) connected to the
TV and another (vga) to the projector.

I could only watch one at once (but that's not a problem as I can only
watch one at once due to biological constraints too!)

Why do you want to do it?

David