[mythtv-users] mythtv supoprt for lcdproc/other lcds

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:01:43 EDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 14:33, R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:11:40 +0100, Shaun Lowry wrote:
> >David Watkins wrote:
> >> It might be worth having a look to see if there's anything else you
> >> fancy in the pipeline that would make use of a four-line display.
> >> 2x20 is a bit meagre!
> >
> >Does anyone know if there are any VFD bay inserts available to fit a
> > *floppy* bay?  I'm using an SFF box for my frontend and obviously need
> > the full size bay for a DVD drive, so the only space left on the front
> > panel short of mangling the case is the floppy bay...
> >
> >	Shaun.
>
> Check out soundgraph.com who make and sell various versions of the imon
> vfd. They make versions for both floppy and full size bays. Imon vfd's are
> supported by lirc. You are looking for the 'iMON INSIDE'.
>
> No idea about cost or availability.
>
> The imon vfd's are built in to some of the Silverstone cases. like the
> LC11M which I have.  Its 2x20 characters (22 I think actually). There is a
> linux driver available out there... search on imon soundgraph linux ...
> the url to look for is 'venky' .

they link to one on their webpage. http://venky.ws/projects/imon/

how do you like your case? I'm looking at getting the LC16S-M and was
wondering what your impressions of build quality are? The 16 is a full ATX
case with tons of room inside, so I'm not worried about space and air flow,
but some idea so to your impression of using it over a period of time is?

thanks!
Steve