[mythtv-users] PVR 350.. TV-out I can't get sound to work

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 15:56:09 EDT 2005

Nada De nada wrote:

>  Thanks for the advice but I know tha s-video does not carry audio...
> I just dont; get any audio at all anymore.....even when I use
> mythfrontend to display on the computer screen... so there is not
> point of me using other cables becuase I am not getting any output
> from the sound card
>
> *//*

Assuming that the obvious has already been checked (mixer levels etc etc
), if you run 'system-config-soundcard' (or whatever the soundcard
config program for your linux distro is..), can you hear the test
sample?  Can you hear CD audio or are you getting nothing at all?

I had big problems on my previous Myth build (nothing to do with Myth
tho) when I decided to start using the onboard audio instead of my
SBLive! (I think I was going to tidy the case up a little , or maybe I
was just curious), when I had them both enabled it seemed to get ALSA
confused (the system was built with only one enabled at the time) and I
couldn't ever figure out the config properly. The systems config app
seemed to have them back to front , when it said it was playing a sample
on the SBLive it would infact come out of the onboard audio, and vice versa.