[mythtv-users] Cannot scan with PVR500 in setup and ::data:: Column 3 out of range: error

Simpson, Richard Richard.Simpson at wgint.com
Thu Oct 20 16:11:58 EDT 2005

The PVR-500 *is* a v4l capture card. For card type, IIRC you select PVR-250/350. AFAIK, the myth scanning feature only works for DVB cards. When you download your zap2it channel lineup in the Capture Card section of mythtv-setup, it should populate the channel table (I don't recall offhand what column 3 should be). You can get into the mysql database with "mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg." Hope that helps.

Richard.