[mythtv-users] Choosing a Suitable DVB-T PCI Card

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:38:21 EDT 2005

On 10/21/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am a beginner in DVB-T, and I would like to buy a DVB-T PCI Card to
> set up a MythTV in my Linux PC.
> > I have tried to search the archive and google for a week, but I still
> cannot come to a final decision about it.
> > I would like to ask what kind of DVB-T PCI Card is suitable for the
> Linux kernel 2.6.13, as I found some of the articles about DVB-T Card
> mentioned that "Not every card that's supported under Windows works under
> Linux". Is the list mentioned in linuxtv.org <http://linuxtv.org> "
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-T" be suitable for linux
> use? And be able to be well supported by DVBAPI?
> > On the other hand, I would like to ask what aspect should I put my focus
> on in choosing those card? I do not want to buy a wrong card as they are not
> cheap :P

Nova-T seems as well suported as any and is fairly cheap.

Ben

I have 2 V-Stream Xtreme DTcards that work a treat.

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)