[mythtv-users] Backend loses the database

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Fri Oct 21 14:51:03 EDT 2005

I've had a peculiar problem pop up lately.  About once a day, my
recorded programs listing goes away and starts reading "No recorded
programs available."  Restarting the back end gets the listing back.

The only error I'm seeing in the log is this:

2005-10-21 11:00:00.082 DB Error (KickDatabase):
Query was:
SELECT NULL;
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

Of course, the MySQL server hasn't gone away since restarting the
backend (not the MySQL server) re-establishes that connection.

Any ideas?

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard