[mythtv-users] Frontend freeze when deleting recording

Steve Pugh stevepugh at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 14:51:38 EDT 2005

--- Dave Sherohman <esper at sherohman.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:16:03AM -0700, Steve Pugh
> wrote:
> > However, I am still experiencing a solid
> framebuffer
> > freezeup when, after watching a show, I choose
> either
> > of the two delete options available to me.  The
> > machine itself is still running, and mythbackend
> > continues to record, but the frontend locks up.
>
> Are you sure it's framebuffer that's freezing?  I
> have experienced an
> occasional issue where deleting programs will cause
> mythfrontend to
> become nonresponsive

Hi Dave, I am absolutely not certain that it's the
framebuffer; I may well have (wrongly) assumed that it
was due to the similarity to my other freeze.  I've
also not let it sit that long to see if it times out,
mostly because the steam coming out of my ears would
build up too quickly  ;-)

Hopefully I can let it sit and do some more testing
this weekend.  Thank you for your input, it is
appreciated!