[mythtv-users] Can anyone recomend a firewire card?

David Peeters dpeeters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:29:31 EDT 2005

I just received a DCT 6200 box from my cable company and I would like to use
a firewire connection to change the channel (not record from).

I've been looking around and the only information I've managed to find on
what brand of fire wire card to use was in Jarod's guide.

He said both his Western Digital and Sound blaster Audigy firewire cards
worked well.

Problem being that I can't find Western Digital's firewire card anywhere,
and I don't want to buy an audigy just for the firewire support.

Can anyone give me a specific brand name of a PCI-firewire card that worked
for them without much trouble? (I'm running KnoppMyth if that is any help)
 Thanks