[mythtv-users] R5A16 R5A22 (knoppmyth) color map and protocol version

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Sat Oct 22 02:08:58 EDT 2005

OK, maybe I should split this up into several posts, but here it
goes.

Upon a heck of a lot of reboots and different settings I got the
following issues:

With R5A16

* Sound + Video smooth, but colormap on TV showing only green hue
  (I only got this to work once, not sure what happened)
* Sound + Video play and pause about once a second, nothing seems
  to help
* mythvideo works, but same issue with color, just greenish on TV
  end, but full color on VGA monitor. (this is almost every time)

With R5A22

* Protocol version wrong for live TV and recordings don't show.
* mythvideo works without any issues.

On the back end I run

$ /usr/bin/mythbackend --version
0.18.1.20050510-1

When connecting with R5A22 I get the following message:

MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 18 but we
speak 15!

which is rather weird.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,