[mythtv-users] Backend loses the database

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 14:01:20 EDT 2005

Meatwad wrote:
> Steve Pugh wrote:
>
>> --- Mickey Chandler <mickc at whizardries.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I've had a peculiar problem pop up lately.  About
>>> once a day, my recorded programs listing goes away and starts
>>> reading "No recorded programs available."  Restarting the back end gets
>>> the listing back.
>>>
>>> The only error I'm seeing in the log is this:
>>>
>>> 2005-10-21 11:00:00.082 DB Error (KickDatabase):
>>> Query was:
>>> SELECT NULL;
>>> Driver error was [2/2006]:
>>> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
>>> Database error was:
>>> MySQL server has gone away
>>>
>>> Of course, the MySQL server hasn't gone away since
>>> restarting the backend (not the MySQL server) re-establishes that
>>> connection.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> --
To clarify, I had meant to quote Nick, not Mickey. My backend goes out
to lunch, FE shows No Recordings, mythweb breaks altogether. My fix is
to exit the FE, scan the BE logs, restart BE -v all.

I don't have sufficient time this weekend to compile with debug as I've
only compiled from source once, pre 18. Not something I'm terribly
familiar with yet.