[mythtv-users] Re: Transcode to DVD-compatible MPEG-2 without quality loss?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 01:03:32 EDT 2005

> > In that case try this:
> >
> > mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -ovc copy -oac copy -o
> > foo.mpg foo.nuv
> >

> When I do that, I get the following:
>
> INITIAL DELAY of 2 frames
> WARN: Audio pts for channel 8 moves backwards; please remultiplex input.
> WARN: Previous sector: 6.656 - 6.704
> WARN: Current sector: 6.680 - 6.704
>
> This happens repeatedly while running.
>
> > Also, you should record at 720x480 (NTSC) for maximum compliance,
> > though this is usually not neccessary either.
>
> I've started doing this in an effort to improve picture quality.
> Disk space is not an issue for me.

You know, I just mount my Myth NFS share in Windows XP and use Tsunami
MPEG's DVDAuthor to grab 4 .nuv's (Or .mpg's as the newer svn versions
are correctly naming them) which have been recorded in 720x480 from
one of my PVR250's, and creating an image (And burning) them directly.

It's even good enough to cut out the commercials (Using a GOP-Editor),
though admittedly I do have to do that by hand before authoring.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston