[mythtv-users] 0.18.1 and pvr350

davidm_mythtv at davidmonro.net davidm_mythtv at davidmonro.net
Sun Oct 23 11:41:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running 0.18.1 frontend on a couple of boxes. The software only ones
work fine. The epia500 with the pvr350 driving the TV _almost_ works
fine. The only problem is that skipping backwards or forwards takes a
very long time (to the point its unusable). Eg if I hit right-arrow to
skip 30 seconds forwards, it takes about 3 seconds before it starts
skipping (ie the video freezes) and about another 7 before it starts
going again. Skipping 10 minutes forwards (downarrow) takes at least a
minute to happen.

This happens with either 0.2 or 0.4 ivtv drivers, on a 2.6.11 kernel.

The annoying thing is that this used to work for me a while back
(probably with a slightly older version of myth and a 2.4 kernel - I had
a disk crash and had to rebuild).

Anyone seen this?

Cheers,

	David