[mythtv-users] compile myth for x86_64?

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Sun Oct 23 12:18:07 EDT 2005

I'm trying to get myth running with libraries built for x86_64.  I've
check the AMD64HowTo on mythtv.info but it doesn't seem so show the
problem I'm having.

when trying to make I get this error:
     mmx_gcc.cpp:254: error: cast from 'short int*' to 'uint' loses
precision

I found something suggesting that I change uint to uint32 but that
just results in a 'uint32' not declared in this scope' error.

Has anyone done this that can provide some hints?

p.s.  The reason I started to do this in the first place is that the
normal install with yum (mythtv-suite) would segfault when I try and
start mythtfrontend.

-todd