[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Sound problem

Josh Boggis josh.boggis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:38:10 EDT 2005

To begin, I am a complete linux newb. I have setup Suse 10.0 and have a
WinTV-PVR 150.
 I have successfully setup the ivtv 0.4.0 drivers and installed MythTV
 If I do an mplayer /dev/video0 it works great! Good video, good audio.
 MythTV works almost perfect....backend works fine, program guide downloads
correctly and I can play live tv without too many problems (a few channels
seem to have no audio)
 Beyond the few channels without audio, here is the bizarre part. If I start
to do a recording, the sound volume gets cut in half.
 If I run xawtv to adjust the capture card volume (trick I found from this
forum!) I am able to properly adjust the volume back up for MythTV to
record, but once I go back to normal TV (sound is at normal levels) then try
and record again...the volume once again goes down.
 Any idea whats up?