[mythtv-users] No audio on recording with Hauppauge PVR-500

John Helmuth john at helmuth.org
Sun Oct 23 16:59:08 EDT 2005

Live TV in mythtv video and audio works fine including pausing and rewind,
etc. But when I record, the recordings do not have audio.

mplayer /dev/video0 works fine with video and audio.

mplayer /home/video/1064_20051023134400_20051023134400.nuv (a file holding
the recorded video from mythtv) shows the video, but no audio.

Here's some details of my configuration:

Hardware:
Shuttle XPC SN41G2V3
Athlon XP
1GB of memory
200gb hard drive
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE

Software:
Gentoo (kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r6)
ivtv version 0.3.8 (compiled from source)
mythtv 0.18.1 (using ebuild media-tv/mythtv-0.18.1-r1)

mythtv is configured to output sound through ALSA:dmix. I originally had it
going through /dev/dsp, but it works the same either way.

I've googled, and tried various things, but nothing seems to affect this.
Any ideas?

--John Helmuth
john at helmuth.org