[mythtv-users] Hurricane watch

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 23 21:47:49 EDT 2005

In case anyone is interested in doing something similar, here
is a custom rule I added this evening named "Wilma":

channel.callsign = 'CNN'
AND program.starttime < '2005-10-24 19:00:00'

This will record everything on CNN up until primetime tomorrow night.
See: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.8 .

For recording options I've set a low priority, don't match
duplicates, Low Quality, default stretch 1.30.

The listings may change with the next run of mythfilldatabase
to show "State of Emergency" or "Hurricane Wilma" or such but
the rule will still match whatever is listed for "CNN" and
will continue to record all the shows.

By doing this I can fast forward through the coverage looking
for anything significant, check near the end of the recording
in progress for the latest conditions, or delete files without
watching them but at least have recordings of the overnight events
available in the morning.

--  bjm