[mythtv-users] I have a question about Video over firewire?

Claude Boucher mythtv.user at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:32:23 EDT 2005

Derek Tattersall wrote:

I have an Explorer 2200 connected to my MythTV system (through the
S-Video and the RCA out of the Explorer). It works fine, but you'll need
an IR Blaster to change the channels. The SciAtl boxes do not have a
serial port, so the only way to change channels from the computer would
be to use an infrared transmitter.

Once you've setup the transmitter, the rest of the setup is almost
trivial. In my experience, the audio volume coming out of the digital
cable is slightly lower than the analog (coax).

As for HD, I haven't tried it. Anyway, you won't be able to capture HD
at full res with an Hauppauge PVR-250.

Claude