[mythtv-users] Debian problems

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Oct 24 09:59:19 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:35:24AM -0400, James Grant wrote:
> On Sunday 23 October 2005 9:36 pm, Paul Pick wrote:
> > I had to build my own plugins, but using the mdz sources made that a snap.
>
> Can you please give some details here? I haven't had any luck building the
> plugins :(

I got my main mythtv install off debs at

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb-src http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

but apt-cache search couldn't find mythplugins there, so I just
downloaded the tarball off mythtv.org, built according to the
instructions in the FAQ, and copied the mythtv directories under
/usr/local to the corresponding locations under /usr and it worked
just fine.  (Well, worked just fine until I pressed 'M' in the
mythweather setup screen, at which point it segfaulted and now
continues to segfault on startup if I have any plugins other than
mythweather in /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/, but that seems unlikely to
be a Debian-related issue.)

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that