[mythtv-users] "Error parsing parameters" when trying to scan channels

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:29:37 EDT 2005

On 24/10/05, Hoxzer hokkus <hoxzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> TV card: Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
>  Kernel: 2.6.13.4
>
>  When I try to scan channels with myth-tv I get error: ""error parsing
> parameters"
>
>  However if I try to scan only the channels I already have. Scan starts
> normally but seems to last forever (I waited about 2 hours), I have tested
> my card with czap and the test.mpg was fine.
>
>  My problem seems to be verry similar with this one:
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5191&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pids+set
>  but seems like the thread has no solution to problem. I'm also from finland
> btw.
>
>  I have succesfully created channels.conf, is it possible to import that to
> mythtv somehow?
>
>  I don't really know should I tell more about this, but I would be lucky to
> answer questions about it.

Maybe this will be useful for you (might not have been updated for the
0.18 updates to DVB where the multiplex information is in its own
table) - it is for DVB-T channels.conf files but you could probably
update it for DVB-C. You could also look at the SQL commands it
generates.

http://brej.org/dvb/index.html

The channels table contains channel information and the PID of the
channel. The dvb_multiplex table contains all of the actual DVB tuning
information.

Nick