[mythtv-users] Apple Bluetooth Remote Instead? Was: Microsoft Remote Keyboard

Mark Paulus mark.paulus at mci.com
Mon Oct 24 16:35:59 EDT 2005

What about a bluetooth enabled PDA, such as one of the higher end
Sony Clies?  There's some kind of pretty nifty remote program
available for PalmOS.  Maybe the writers could be convinced to look
into using bluetooth to send out their signals.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:31:06 +0000, d.sailer at comcast.net wrote:

>> Yesterday I was browsing at a computer shop and noticed that Apple sells
>> wireless remote keyboards as well as their usual USB connected keyboards.
>> The wireless remote keyboards use BLUETOOTH to talk to the computer.
>> So a USB Bluetooth adapter to give bluetooth capability to your box, plus
>> this keyboard might do the trick.
>> Supposedly there is a Linux driver.
>> The keyboards are quite small and slick.
>>
>> AND there is a bluetooth wireless mouse....Together the price was about
>> $100 Canadian...
>>
>> Geoff
>> R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
>> Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
>> Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638

>I use a microsoft bluetooth kb and mouse and it works pretty well (my myth box is in the basement). But I keep waiting for a bluetooth remote, or something like that to come
out. Has anyone seen anything like this? THe only thing I've seen are people using their bluetooth phones for a remote - yuck.