[mythtv-users] Hardware Selection for backend

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:47:22 EDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 20:18, Jon Solomon wrote:
> I am building my first Mythtv Backend from scratch. I plan on using 3
> Hauppauge PVR 500's to record 4-6 stearms at time. My question is how fast
> of a processor and how much ram should I get? Which Motherboard would you
> recommend that have little or no issues with the PVR 500s and SATA HD?
>
> Thanks I advanced for the help.

CPU speed won't matter much, so if you've got an old P3-ish system use that.
If you want to build a new computer, look for an nForce3 based board with pci
and agp and SATA. get the cheapest cpu you can find or the board and 512megs
of ram. It'll be an Athlon of some sort so it'll be fast enough.

Steve