[mythtv-users] Unable to watch live TV with PVR-350

Boris Burtin boris_burtin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 00:49:42 EDT 2005

I'm having some trouble getting live TV to work with
my MythTV setup (Fedora Core 4, PVR-350).  I followed
Jarod's guide and have things mostly working.  X11 is
running through the PVR-350's TV out.  When I try to
watch live TV, I see garbage (green and pink blocks
all over the screen).

Capture/playback from the command line seems to work:

# cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg
# mplayer -vo x11 /tmp/test_capture.mpg

But if I run mplayer with "xv" instead of "x11"

# mplayer -vo xv /tmp/test_capture.mpg

I see the same static as when I try to watch live TV.
So it sounds like something is wacky with my MythTV
configuration?  Is it passing the wrong args to
mplayer?

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks,

Boris