[mythtv-users] EPG in Australia?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:45:03 EDT 2005

> IceTV was started as there was no EPG in Australia. The main man behind
> IceTV is Peter Vogel (one of the inventors of the Fairlight CMI). But no we
> are definitely our own company. :)
>
> I think for MS the biggest stopping point would be going to all the effort
> (and cost) of setting up an EPG service from scratch just as a value added
> service for MCE (sure it's pretty damn important but not really critical for
> MCE).

Daniel - would you be able to tell us what information is available in
the program guide data from IceTV. I think a lot of the info in the
Aussie guides is missing compared to what folks in other countries get
- eg correct program categories (eg Movie, Current Affairs etc),
repeat, classification rating (eg PG, MA etc), subtitles, HD or SD,
programids, season etc etc. As the info is free it's understandable
that this info is missing.

Since IceTV are charging over $150/year for the data it would be nice
to know that this information is provided.

Regards,
Phill