[mythtv-users] Re: apt-get upgrade = borked mythtv

Tom Hines tomhines at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:29:38 EDT 2005

On 10/15/05, Tom Hines <tomhines at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I did an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade today and now my
> system is borked.  I can't play any video files -- no recordings or

Well, I finally threw in the towel and reinstalled with KnoppMyth.
The install was super easy.  The good news is that now my PVR-250's
MPEG acceleration using XvMC VLD is working, which it never did on my
old FC3 system.  The bad news is that it's so jerky it's unwatchable.

So now I have a Debian system that is a mix of stable, testing, and
unstable.  I know better than to try an "apt-get update" on that mix.
:)

Tom