[mythtv-users] Sudden lockups on my Myth box

Steve Pugh stevepugh at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 20:01:45 EDT 2005

--- Joe Ammann <joe at pyx.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> this evening, I experienced 3 total machine lockups
> on my mythbox. I had to
> hard reset it. That same machine has been running
> for months, no apparent
> hardware problems.
>
> Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Hi Joe,

I can't offer anything specific, but I've had
something similar happen to me (system hang when
trying to delete a corrupted .nuv file from MythWeb).
I'd say it's safe to say that something earlier had
corrupted the .nuv and the transcoder just couldn't
deal with it.

If you have any logs going back to when that clip was
recorded, that might give you some insight into what
caused the corruption.

I realize that's an obvious and incredibly lame
response, but I thought I'd at least give you a shout
back so you knew you weren't alone ;-)

Best,
     Steve