[mythtv-users] new recordings missing database fields after R5A22 upgrade

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:17:36 EDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Byron Poland wrote:
>
> >Since upgrading my backend to Knoppmyth R5A22, all of the recordings
> >I've made are missing the basename, progstart, and progend fields (ie
> >they are blank).  this causes jobs like commercial flagging to fail.
> >If I fill in the missing data manually into the tables, things work as
> >expected.
> >
> >Anyone else seeing anything like this?
> >
> >I know very little of mysql.  When my commfaging stopped working, I
> >looked at the tables with mysqlcc and saw the missing data.
> >

> Sounds like a DB update was missed.  If you do not have the basename
> field in your DB, execute this SQL statement against it:
>
> ALTER TABLE recorded ADD COLUMN basename varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT;
>
> and then, once it is in your database, run this:
>
> UPDATE recorded SET basename =
>            CONCAT(chanid, '_', DATE_FORMAT(starttime,
>                   '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '_',
>                   DATE_FORMAT(endtime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '.nuv');

Thanks for your reply.  I already have the basename field, it just
doesn't get filled in for new recording.  so I just ran the second
statement, and it seems to be working now.

My progstart and progend fields also weren't working but using the
statement you provided as a base I got them to work:

UPDATE recorded SET progstart = CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(starttime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'));

and

UPDATE recorded SET progend = CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(endtime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'));

And they seem to be working again too with a test recording, that now
fills the fields correctly.

Thanks for your help.