[mythtv-users] MyIRBlaster - Myth Issues Only??

Scott S. scott at web-ster.com
Wed Oct 26 13:08:53 EDT 2005

Hello,

    I've recently switch TV providers (because the company I work for is
offering TV services now) and we have Amino AmiNet110's for set top
boxes. I'm using a MyBlaster, the serial one from my tv store (mytvsore
dot com). I use the MyBlaster.pl that you can download for use with the
MyBlaster and I've found that is I run the MyBlaster.pl from the command
prompt it changes the channel great, but when I am in Myth and it tries
to change the channel using the same script it fails the majority of the
time. There's typically three things could happen when it fails, one is
it could do nothing. It's rare but it's happened a couple of times),
another is that it misses a digit (usually at the beginning or middle of
the channel number), and the third is that it may repeat a number (for
instance 8 turns into 88). I'm not sure why this would happen in just
Myth. I've used TVtime and XawTV to test the channel changing from the
command line, and that works flawlessly, changing the channel while Myth
is running and watching live TV also works flawlessly. It only fails
when Myth itself tries to change  the channel with the MyBlaster.pl script.

I've played around with the timing in the MyBlaster.pl script and have
re trained the MyBlaster with the IR codes over a dozen times, nothing
seems to change how it acts tho, it works from the command line great
but acts really weird when Myth goes to change the channel. The other
thing I have done is made my own channelchange.pl and had it call the
MyBlaster script to send the raw IR code to the MyBlaster script, that
hasn't helped either though. Has anyone seen this? Or have any other
ideas on a fix? Any help would be great.

Thank You,

Scott