[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend

Paul Pianta splinkyhead at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:55:10 EDT 2005

Hi people

I have been doing a bit of googling for an answer but haven't been able to
come up with much so came here for an answer. I have a couple of questions
that I hope someone can help me with ...

1. I am looking to setup a mythtv frontend that is : small, diskless, cheap,
not noisy, and will work over a 802.11g wireless network. Is this possible
and if so does anyone have any suggestions. Even if it is a commercial
product I don't mind (but would still rather building something mini-itx
myself).

2. Is it possible to use a thin-client as a mythtv frontend? Would it
require 100Mbit ethernet to handle the video throughput? How much ram would
the thin-client need?

thanks for any help

pantz