[mythtv-users] Mythweb listings painfully slow?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu Oct 27 03:09:10 EDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Al Puzzuoli <apuzzuoli at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am a newbie to Myth(TV) but finally have things up and running on a FC4
> box. The system is reasonably fast, an Intel 2.5GHZ with 512 megs of ram.
> However, when I attempt to access Mythweb from other machines on the
> network, the process of opening the channel listings on the main page is
> painfully slow. I only have about 100 channels in my lineup and I've never
> been patient enough to wait for the page to open completely. I usually stop
> 15 or 20 channels.
> As indicated, I'm new to Myth and Apache as well so am not sure where to
> begin troubleshooting.
>  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I do not think that it should be that slow. I can open a 100 channels list
via the internet much faster than that.
How is the CPU utilization on the backend, the webserver and the
mythwebclient ? And how does the RAM utilization look ? Does it swap ?

Niels Dybdahl