[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend

Robert Manning robert.mythtv at robertmanning.info
Thu Oct 27 05:46:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have not tried it myself but there is a Myth Knoppix dist that might
be what you are after: http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html If you have
an EPIA-M mobo there is a mini-myth proj for running mythtv on a disk
less system: http://linpvr.org/ (which I have not tried).

My MythTV backend (also sometimes FE) is running on a Via Epia-MII. The
comp is not entirely quiet but with a little work it could probably made
quieter. The noise is from CPU fan, PSU fan and a little HDD noise.

Regarding a network connection, I have found that MythTV works well over
a 54G wireless connection. I have tried using 11b before but it a little
too slow for the level of traffic.

Robert Manning