[mythtv-users] OT: suspend to disc....

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Thu Oct 27 09:02:25 EDT 2005

I try not to leave unnecessary electrical stuff running overnight, but
my mythfrontend takes quite a while to boot/shutdown.

I have been looking at what it would take to be able to suspend-to and
resume-from disc.

It's a Via Epia Ezra (i586) running FC3 with the latest FC3 kernel.

This looks like the best option - http://www.suspend2.net/ - but
involves custom built and patched kernels and no doubt a long time spent
tailoring scripts to unload drivers before shutting down and reload them
after starting up....

I was wondering if anyone else was doing this sort of thing with their
myth-frontend box and what their experiences had been....

Thanks for your time,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell