[mythtv-users] TV-out modeline nvidia issue

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Thu Oct 27 14:48:09 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get a setup working with two display devices connected. One is a
CRT projected and the other one a CRT Television.
I have the CRT projector working in 960x720 for all refresh rates that I need
and that works well.
Now I would like to add TV-out to that, but they have to use the exact same
modeline as for the CRT projector (at least same resolution and refresh rate)

I've set up to use TV-out in the device section of xorg.conf, but somehow I
always get an error like :

 (**) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes for display device TV-0:
(**) NVIDIA(0):      Mode "720x576 at 100": 61.5 MHz, 60.5 kHz, 100.0 Hz
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Unable to find mode "960x720a50Hz" for display device 1 in
(WW) NVIDIA(0):      MetaMode "960x720a50Hz,960x720a50Hz"

Obviously it can't find the modeline for the TV device and I can't find
anywhere how to specify it for this TV out. For the CRT projector I did this
in the Monitor section, but the TV doesn't have a monitor section.

Anyone knows how to get this to work or where to specify the modeline for the
TV-out ?

Regards,
Marcel