[mythtv-users] Sound Repeats

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 20:03:07 EDT 2005

I just did a re install of mythtv. Reasons range from I just put in a new
motherboard that has sound on the motherboard, the newer dimm slots for pc
2700 ram, new nvidia 5200 (had old sis 315), to upgrading to knoppmyth ra22
(was on RA12). I know this is the main list for mythtv, i only use knoppmyth
cause it's quick and easy, than i modify from there. Also, was having
problems where periodicily it would stop recordings 40 minutes into the
recording. Hope the new mother board and memory rectifies it, plus new myth
install. If not probably have a bad pvr-250, and that would suck.

Anyways, with the new install everything works. But anytime i exit live tv
or a recording the last .5 seconds of the show or tv program repeats for
about 12-15 seconds. Like if the person was saying 99 cents, 99 cents would
repeat about 30 times, maybe less maybe more. It's really annoying. I've
noticed that it's not just myth, it's sound. Like when i ran mythrestore
(knoppmyths restoring of the database and such from my previous install) it
plays a sound at the beginning and end. That sound also repeats over and
over for awhile. Anyone know what's going on and should i just install a
third party sound card? Don't want to cause this mobo didn't have a lan on
board so i have less pci slots, and the agp card seems to over lap the
closest pci slot, so that takes another one away also. Anyways hope y'all
can help me out.

System info:
(i will have to look up mobo if needed, just picked it up from my dad, he
sells stuff and takes stuff so i just picked it up and didn't look at it,
will open case and look if anyone needs so you can help)
2 pvr-250's
1 300 gig maxtor 7200 rpm drive
1 lite on dvd drive
amd athlon 850