[mythtv-users] Looking to get a remote

Anthony Valentine amv at akvalentine.com
Thu Oct 27 22:06:33 EDT 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Jon Solomon wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of remote I should get
>> for my new frontend?
>

> I simply use a universal learning remote.  I have used it in two
> different configurations.  First, with a USB IR receiver from
> Streamzap that I had purchased with my Streamzap remote (can be
> purchased separately) by setting the remote to be a Tivo remote and
> using the Tivo remote configuration file in LIRC.  Second, I now am
> using it emulating my IR keyboard and using the IR keyboard receiver
> plugged into the PS/2 keyboard port.  I like this configuration better
> as it removes LIRC from the mix and is much faster at responding to
> button pushes.  I did have to use a JP1 cable to program the remote
> since the learning memory is too limiting to learn all the keyboard
> keys but it works great.
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

If you don't mind, what is the make and model of your IR Keyboard?  When
I purchased one, my remote said it learned the codes, but was unable to
actually transmit them.  Therefore, I am looking to a new IR Keyboard to
try out.

Thanks!

Anthony

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.