[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Mythgame remote control panel

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Oct 27 23:24:24 EDT 2005

Greetings

Rather than just go out and buy a wireless gamepad, I've decided to build
a more substantial arcade control panel that I can plonk on the coffee
table and bash away at (better arcade 'feel'). I reckon a nicely polished
bit of remu or kauri will look good and will be good practice for my
carpentry skills.

I plan on hacking a wireless keyboard to do this but so far I've been
unable to find a good hack. Does anyone have any recommendations for:
 - cheap keyboard with a good (6m plus) range
 - complete set of hack instructions
 - source of joysticks & switches suitable for this scale of arcade
control panel.

Would a better starting place be a wireless gamepad (say a Saitek P3000)
rather than a keyboard?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks