[mythtv-users] Video Card Suggestions Please

Ali Asad Lotia ali.asad.lotia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 03:20:56 EDT 2005

While this may seem like overkill for myth there is an AOpen GeForce
6600 card with 256MB of RAM on it. The big advantage of that much vram
is that if you decide to repurpose that machine, it will be set for
anything else.
the link to the newegg page is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814135183

It runs $105. The other advantage is that if certain video filters are
written to take advantage of the memory on your video card, you will
have the extra ram available. i'm not sure which ones do that yet, but
it is apparently on the roadmap for some projects.

Ali