[mythtv-users] Development update

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Oct 28 11:09:44 EDT 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:
> On Thursday 27 October 2005 14:33, Bryan Halter wrote:
>
>> Can someone give this list a quick update of new/improved features under
>> development and an idea of how far out .19 is?  I love MythTV and would
>> love to see it continue to grow, that's why I'm curious about this next
>> release.  Also some idea of what LxM is up to would be nice too :)
>>

> First rule of MythTV-dev is don't ask about MythTV-dev!
>
> But seriously... it will be released when its ready. If your anxious, build
> from SVN. Its relatively stable considering how many changes go into it. If
> you want an idea of what's been added you can search through the SVN commits.
>
> Lots of bug fixes, and some new ones, lots of feature updates for HDTV and DVB
> use.

Is it still basically the same though?
I've been reading bits and pieces about a new frontend daemon/frontend
client architecture and other
things like OpenGL UI rendering that seem to change Myth's core.

Are these changes in the next gen, or the next next gen?

I think the problem that many of us have with trying SVN is that we only
have one mythtv system,
and while we'd love to try SVN, we have family that expect Myth to be
reliable. :) So all we have
left is curiosity...

--
Jesse Guardiani