[mythtv-users] Why did my remote control quit working?

Eric Brandt ericb at arcsecond.com
Fri Oct 28 13:43:54 EDT 2005

Hi all-

My remote control with my PVR-150 was working great when I used the packaged
install (mythtv-suite). Then I decided I wanted to tweak some of the plugin
settings, so I decided to build from source.

I have built from source and got basically everything working like it used
to, but my remote control doesn't work with mythtv anymore.

When I compiled, the ./configure script reported "lirc support : yes"

I can still run my remote with irw, the messages are received correctly
(lircd is running).

I can also use the remote with irxevent piping the remote commands to
mythtv.

However, I'd really prefer to get native remote control support in mythtv so
I could use my existing lircrc file.

I searched the archive with nothing pointing directly to my problem.

Thoughts?

Any log files I should post to help the members of this great community to
figure out what's going on?

Eric.