[mythtv-users] question about Shuttle and SiS video

echo unconfused1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 13:21:48 EDT 2005

I'm having a little issue with my installation of MythTV.  I'm following this
guide and am up to step #10.

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture

My hardware:
* Shuttle XPC SS51G, w/optional DVI, s-vid, RCA out
* Pentium 4
* 256 MB RAM
* Hauppauge PVR350

And as per the Wilsonet setup, I'm using Fedora Core 4.

OK...on step #10 of the setup you install the IVTV firmware, etc.  This is
where things have gone awry.

Upon reboot of the machine, I'm guess where it load the ivtv module...the text
on the screen goes wonky...then nothing.  Black screen...and if I hit random
keys on the keyboard...I get a few green "U"s on the screen.

So...anyone else had that issue?  What did you do to overcome it?

Thanks,
evan