[mythtv-users] Potential Problem With Switch Back to Standard Time

Matt SF spore at psibercom.org
Sat Oct 29 21:08:02 EDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 01:53:42PM -0600, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> OK here is what the guide SHOULD look like:
>
> 12:00 | 1:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>  S12    S1a     S1b     S2
>
> Here is what mythweb is showing
>
> 12:00 | 1:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>  S12            S1a     S2
>
> And here is what MythTV shows
>
> 12:00 |  1:00 |  2:00
>  S12     S1a     S2
>
> The fact that mythweb showed this gap with the missing data is what clued
> me in to the reason I couldn't find the show I was looking for during the
> extra hour.

Kevin..what versions of mythweb and mythbackend are you running?  my
mythweb shows as you have above, with the "s12" show apparently bleeding
across an extra hour.  e.g. Stargate SG-1 shows at 12:30 AM and Mythweb
reports this as:  "12:30:00 AM to 01:30:00 AM (120 mins)"

my versions are:  mythbackend version: 0.18.1.20050523-1
mythweb shows version .17 in the README and this at the top of
program_listing.php:
program_listing.php                      Last Updated: 2005.01.23 (xris)

I am amazed the developers chose not to use UTC in the database and
instead used local time.  I hope they had a good reason...if not, that
would be very...Microsoft of them  ;)

-matt